If you’re having connection problems, the first thing you want to do is make sure you are…
- Running the latest device drivers for your device
- Running the latest version of Java Runtime
- Latest version of Java Runtime is enabled
Follow this guide to verify step 3 abovee.
- Open the Windows Control Panel
- Open the Java Control Panel
- Click the Java tab at the top
- Click View
- Check the Product column to locate the latest version. It’s possible to have more then 1 listed
- Make sure it has a check mark in the Enabled column
- Click OK
You can also check the following locations for additional help troubleshooting connection problems, and the gray button.