Marketizer Still Works

logo

 

 

Hi everyone. First of all, I want to thank all of you who are using Marketizer. It means a lot to me that I have your support even though I can’t be around as regularly as I used to be. Regular job and family doesn’t leave much time to do this stuff. However, I have not forgotten about you and as I originally promised I will continue to support Marketizer as best as I can.

I also have another project I’m working on with Marketizer, and if I can get it to work I think everyone will be very happy with it. But it’s to early to talk about it today, since I haven’t done much POC with it myself. But if I get it to work, I will open it up to everyone.

I also watch the forums and I try to keep up with all the spammers, but for every IP I block another 2 show up.

Anyway, I have found the problem some people are experiencing with Marketizer lately and it has nothing to do with the July 26th update. Thank you to Big Daddy App, for letting me remote into his machine and mess around with it. It makes it much easier to fix an issue when you can reproduce it. By the way, I will be posting all the “interesting” photos I snagged from his machine while he wasn’t looking. Smile with tongue out

Alright, so here we go.

At first I thought the problem was related to the Android SDK changes. However, the only file I use from the SDK is zipalign.exe, and this file hasn’t changed in about 3 versions. That left JRE and JDK, which did have significant changes, but after testing, I found that it made no difference. Finally I got to the root cause, and it has to do with another 3rd party utility I use to unpack/pack the apk. This utility has a batch file which contains a path. If that path doesn’t exist, the conversion will fail. I’m not sure why that path is suddenly failing, but it is and here are the steps to fix it.

  1. Browse into the Marketizer install directory
  2. Browse into the \custom folder
  3. Right-click apktool.bat and left-click edit
  4. You will see a line that starts with:
    • ..\..\Marketizer\jdk\bin\java
  5. What this does is point to the jdk location in the Marketizer install directory by using a relative path
  6. If your conversion is failing, all you need to do to fix it, is make sure the path is correct. I don’t know why it suddenly stopped working, except that maybe some people are installing to some path that the relative string can’t handle. Maybe an extra directory or two deeper then this string.
  7. For example. If you have Marketizer installed to c:\program files (x86)\marketizer. You would replace the ..\..\ with c:\program files(x86)
    • It would look like this: “c:\program files(x86)\marketizer\jdk\bin\java”
  8. Make sure you have quotes (“) around the path, because any spaces in the path will cause it to break
  9. Using the above example, the entire line will look like this:
    • “C:\Program Files (x86)\Marketizer\jdk\bin\java” -jar “%~dp0\apktool.jar” %1 %2 %3 %4 %5 %6 %7 %8 %9
  10. Now just save and close this file

You should be good to go!

Join our community on facebook. Just hit the Like in the left sidebar (towards the top of the page), this button

Or directly on our fb page at http://www.facebook.com/tAIIC

You may also like...